Responsible and accountable for operational management, leadership, professional development, and quality assessment and improvement activities of clinical unit(s). Responsibilities include assessing, planning, initiating, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating patient care activities of young, middle and older adult patient population, for which care is provided. Responsible for ensuring that unit(s) operate(s) in manner that meets organizational goals and objectives, and meet(s) standards set by regulatory and accrediting agencies. .
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
2. Specialty certification required within six months of hire.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN); Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN), or Master's Degree in health care or related field, preferred.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of related clinical experience.
3. Minimum of three (3) years of management experience in comparable area of acute care setting.
4. Must be capable of:
(a) Assessing current unit activities and problems in clinical setting, evaluating alternative approaches, implementing programs and practices, and evaluating outcomes.
(b) Maintaining effective relationships with peers, other departmental staff, and physicians.
(c) Effectively managing human, material, capital, and financial resources.
5. English language proficient.
6. Effective communication skills.