One of the premier health systems in Montgomery County is looking for a Respiratory Care Services Director to lead one of the best teams in the DC metro area. If you are looking for great CME credits, PTO and work life balance then this position is for you.
Primary responsibilities are to provide general supervision and leadership to respiratory care staff therapists. Acts as resource person and mentor for all respiratory therapists and respiratory care students, and as liaison to nursing staff and physicians on assigned shift, and when representing department in any activity. Under minimal supervision, ensures adequate shift coverage and quality patient care on assigned shift. Provides prescribed respiratory care to patients within department policies and procedures, and standards of care. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care to specified group of patients. Collaborates with physicians, medical professionals and other staff, to ensure quality of care given. Provides care for neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient (as defined in unit scope of care). Utilizes knowledge of principles of growth and development appropriate to patient age, to ensure that care provided meets unique, physical and psycho-social needs of patient. Involves appropriate parties (i.e. patient family/guardian and outside agencies) in assessment, treatment and continuing care of patient, as needed. May provide supervision and leadership to other departments under direction of Director of Respiratory, Sleep, Neurodiagnostics, Cardiac Diagnostics, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Registry with National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
2. Current license from Maryland Board of Physicians as Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
3. Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification from American Heart Association.
4. ACLS, PALS and NRP certification; must obtain within 6 months of hire date, if not able to demonstrate certification at time of hire.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Associate's Degree.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience; one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
3. Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Word; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Access preferred.
4. Able to demonstrate good ability to communicate using English in written and verbal fashion, promoting team approach to patient care.
5. Visual acuity at all ranges, corrected or uncorrected.
6. Normal hearing range, corrected or uncorrected.