- Associate's Degree
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support(ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Licensed Physicians Assistant (PA)
- 1 - 3 years of experience required
Works in team structure, to provide following:
1. Performs post-operative checks, participates in daily rounds, writes daily progress notes, and places daily orders as agreed upon with designated neuroscience attending physician (neuroscience attending physician may be specialist in neurosurgery, orthospine, or medical neurology, who has agreed to serve as alternate supervising physician).
2. Responsible for admission history and physical examinations, orders, and discharge summaries for all patients admitted to them at request of neuroscience attending physician.
3. Assists in evaluation and management of patients in Emergency Center and on surgical floor at request of neuroscience attending physician.
4. Performs bedside procedures, including central venous catheter placement, tube thoracostomy, arterial catheter placement, and peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), when credentialed to perform such procedures.
5. Performs ventriculostomy and placement of devices for intra-cranial pressure (ICP) monitoring, when credentialed to perform such procedures.
6. Cares for neuroscience patients who are admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU), or Coronary Care Unit (CCU) at request of neuroscience attending physician.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Must maintain current licensing as Physician Assistant (PA) in State of Maryland.
2. Must maintain BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Provider certification from American Heart Association.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Must function well in team environment
1. Hospital based position; significant time spent throughout hospital, including Emergency Center and Ambulatory Care Center.
2. Occasional weekend day coverage may be required, but no night coverage.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.